Before becoming a nurse practitioner, Anne Thompson’s background was in Women's Health. She has experience as a clinical nurse in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU), as well as labor and delivery. While working on her Master's degree, Dr. Thompson was the Director of Women's Services at Texas Health Bedford. Beyond her managerial responsibilities, she implemented a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program in the Emergency Room and the NICU Clinical Nurse Program.
As a family nurse practitioner, Dr. Thompson has had a private practice for 20 years. Her teaching life as an Assistant Clinical Professor in the FNP and DNP programs at Texas Woman's University started in 2000 after graduating with her Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Texas Woman's University
- M.S.N- FNP, University of Texas at Arlington
- B.S.N, University of Kansas
Population Health; Global Environment Issues Impacting Health; End of Life Care; Promoting the Role of Advanced Practice Nursing
- American Nurses Association
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioner
- Texas Nurse Practitioners
- North Texas Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Beta Tau